Most often, the difficulty faced by those who plan tours is that they run short of the required money for the trip. The advantage of private Washington DC tours is that you can visit many of the places in the city for free. The city is filled with lot of cultural and recreational activities which doesn’t cost you anything. Here is a list of certain things you can do for free during your private Washington DC tours.
- Visit the National Mall: This is the first stop for most people on their Washington DC tours. There are numerous museums and historic sites here which will allure your eyes. There are lots of things to do here which will keep your whole family occupied.
- See The Animals At The National Zoo: The National Zoo is inside the Rock Creek Park and is the most kid-friendly place in the capital. Animals of 400 different species are found here along with the famed pandas.
- See A Performance At The Kennedy Center: Every evening at 6 p.m., there is a free program at the concert hall which includes performances by jazz musicians, poets, National Symphony Orchestra, dance troupes etc. There are also seasonal festivals hosted here along with free guided tours of the centre.
- Tour of the US Capitol: The guided tour of the Capitol building is free. But the tickets are given on a first-come, first-served basis. Historic artifacts are displayed in the galleries at Capitol Visitor Center and you can also watch live videos from the House and the Senate.
- Visit the National Gallery of Art: A very huge collection of art masterpieces from around the world is displayed in the art museum. This includes paintings, drawings, sculpture, photographs and many more.
- Tour Arlington National Cemetery: This 624-acre national cemetery is the place where more than 330,000 American service men and many other famous citizens are buried. The Arlington house provides the best view of Washington.
- Hike Rock Creek Park: This is the best place to explore and enjoy nature’s beauty in a busy urban area. You can picnic, hike, bike, fish and do many other things in this park. It is children friendly with special programs for them.
If you are planning on private Washington DC tours make sure that you know these things you can do for free thereby saving much of your money without putting pleasure at stake.