Washington DC is an ideal place to spend a long vacation because there is a wide range of choices here when it comes to lifestyle and recreational purposes. Usually, people tag Washington DC as just a city that is known for its political and historical background. Actually, the city boasts many other attractions as well such as a wide range of remarkable museums that are sure to walk you through the past, present, and future of the United States history. Additionally, there are many scenic spots in the city, which play the role of being the natural gateways to escape from the hustle and bustle of Washington DC.
When you just saunter along the streets of DC, you can discover many interesting and unique facts about the US capital city. One of the interesting facts is that every 4 out of 10 households communicate in a tongue other than English. This explains the eclectic lifestyle of people living here. That is, you are more likely to meet people from almost every nation, culture, religion, etc., on your Washington DC tours.
In fact, each day in the city will walk you through different and unique experiences. Hence, it is best if you can spare a couple of weeks in order to discover the real culture and lifestyle of Washington DC. However, some skeptics will be wondering about whether or not the suburbs of Washington DC are the right option for them in order to live for a couple of weeks. To help you out with this, below are some key advantages of living in the capital city of the United States.
Pros of Living in Washington DC
- There is literally a countless number of activities that you may indulge when in Washington DC, be it the cultural activities, shopping, events, entertainment, restaurants, outdoor recreation, or indoor activities.
- You will not have to worry about the climatic changes in the city because Washington DC has a mild weather and there are exactly four seasons here. According to studies, the number of natural disasters in Washington DC is also very low when compared to other parts of the US.
- Washington City is located at the center of the United States and you can easily access different regions from here via bus or metro. Note that availing DC bus tours is a great option if you want to make your trip an economical one.
- The city offers a number of free things to do and see on your Washington DC tours. One example for this is the Smithsonian museums; you can explore these extraordinary museums free of cost. Besides, there are many cheap options when it comes to food choices as well.
- Unlike most people think, DC is a perfect place for all the nocturnal bees out there. There is a plethora of nightclubs, discotheques, breweries, etc., in the city, that are sure to keep you pumped up throughout the night.